Saturday, June 30, 2012

Another Coptic Stitched Journal...

If you were looking for the red, white, and blue blog hop click here.

I finished another coptic stitched journal tonight. I think I may be getting a wee bit obsessed with coptic stitching. This time I covered the binding with felt so the stitches don't show on the sides. Here's the cover:

I used a brown paper bag for parts of the journal. I crinkled it and then smoothed it back out before attaching it to the covers. The covers are made by tearing the cardboard backing off a stack of patterned paper and covering with the bag, paper scraps, and some felt. Here are some shots of the inside:








I wanted this journal to have tons and tons of little pockets for stashing junk. For some reason I seem to accumulate a lot of junk that requires stashing.  Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what coptic stitching is but I love your journal! Very fun and interactive. Reminds me a bit of a SMASH book...only better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing journaling, Sindi!! Love all of the fun patterns you added in!

    ReplyDelete